Sunday, October 12, 2014

Fujeirah

 
 
As part of the catching up to-do, I have something to blog about... Me and my silly adventures ;)

 This trip is a proof that my being a wanderlust is just too strong and unstoppable. Well, I'm not always sure what I'll do, but I'll do it. Seriously, travelling to Fujeirah with my Kuya's barkada, which is named under the alias 'Power Puff Rangers' (don't ask me why), was uncalled for! It took some 2 hour drive from Dubai and me at the back of a 2-seater Peugeot was well worth the sikip! (Lol! That's what I get being the bunso of the group. No harm done. Promise.)

The road to Fujeirah is an endless view of sand, a few camels (yup!) and a range of rocky mountains! We even had to stop for a few snaps of those natural wonders. First time to see UAE's nature in all it's glory, which is a testimony that I'm finally out of Dubai!

We spent the whole day chillax-ing, barbecue-ing, and lounging on our banig on the beachfront. Naaaks, Pinoy-style! The best part was at sun down when the group finally decided to get into the water. The speedy boat ride that brought us to "Shark Island" reminded me so much of the Philippines, Bohol to be exact. I just love the salt in my hair, sea breeze and clear blue waters. Made me feel close to home in that moment. Since we reached Khor Fakkan beach, water activities like parasailing and jetskiing grabbed our attentions at once. I really wanted to parasail. I just want to! To quench my wanderlust and thirst for adventure. And unexpectedly, I did fly that day! The fright and nervousness you feel just by watching other people do it slowly drifted away. (Wave after wave *wink) Once we were released from the boat, the feeling of smoothly taking off the ground was amazing!! Just letting go. Up there, all noise was shunned, the gush of the waves was enough pleasant sounds to listen to while the view of the mountains shaping up the coast makes you want to stay, up there. I've come to realize what peaceful really is. I was suddenly jealous of what the birds get to view at their own will. Sadly, I couldn't document that experience which I'd love to share! I should invest on a GoPro real soon.  

Unexpected rocky mountains and some parasailing action, Fujeirah will be a memory of firsts!
 
 

(c) photos grabbed from Kuya Jun, Ate Mich, Ate Che and Ate Jojie


No comments:

Post a Comment