Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Twenty One



Another year older, and I hope wiser, braver, stronger. Gone past the legal age twice my life! (Whew!) Honestly, I am struggling writing this to gather my thoughts and come up grateful for the past and what's present. As I reach my 21st year, I can make a list of many of my firsts! First time celebrating it away from home and family makes me feel changed. Twenty-one gives me the ticket for being independent and responsible of myself too. Something which can be a beauty, but if not handled with care, can turn out a disaster.
 
June 30th fell just in time for Ramadan. It's a whole new experience added to my treasure trove. Hence, my cousins and I decided for a little pre-birthday celebration in my happy place - the beach! I felt like living up to my birth month as a Summer Baby (haha!). I earnestly waited to catch sundown and Jumeirah Beach did not disappoint. I thank God for waking me at every sunrise, letting me witness gorgeous sunsets and getting me to dig my toes in the sand. It kept my faith that I can still do things to make life worth living.
 
On the birth-day, the whole family were together during Iftar and it was such a feast! Just the right warmth and company to spend anyone's special day. They say, at Twenty-one, you are just beginning. You still have a long way to go. You are at the peak of your life, career (and lovelife, to add). And though I might be going through tough Mid-life Crises, "Life is just starting out for you." (this I remind myself often) It's not always happy, but there sure is a lot to be thankful for, ALWAYS! My prayer is that God grant me the strength and wisdom everyday, to live according to His purpose He's set apart for me and guide me all throughout this journey. I am left with excitement for more of many firsts and adventures! And wonder where I might be next time?


Those final sunsets as Twenteen! Where have all the years gone? :)






No comments:

Post a Comment