Thursday, July 10, 2014

Benilde

There's no place like home

6th of July was one defining day of my life. That was the day I finally graduated from College which... I didn't want to end (actually).

I will try my best to relinquish those happy memories, fun experiences and lifetime learnings in a time capsule.

It was Summer of 2010 when I was scouting for Colleges and Universities. If ambitious is what to call it, I took admission tests in the renowned and prestigious Universities in Manila (hint, the Big Four), carefree if I weren't smart enough or capable enough (financially) to enter those esteemed schools. My goal as a highschool-girl-entering-college self then, was to take European Studies at De La Salle University, and nothing more. Grateful, I did make it to two of the Universities of my choice, one was Travel Management at the University of Santo Tomas, and got reconsidered for the other. Not convinced to where I was heading, I still took another entrance exam to a school I've never heard of and didn't even know existed! I've developed the interest when I learned it from a friend in High School, who was planning to take the programme Consular and Diplomatic Affairs in De La Salle - College of Saint Benilde, during their extended entrance exams. I recall my course choice was Consular and Diplomatic Affairs and the other options I put were Multimedia Arts and Hotel and Restaurant Management. My Mama was even oblivious about it since I already took several tests and should start focusing on one. By that time, it was a choice between UST and DLS-CSB. And you bet! I was rooting for the former. We were ready to pay for the reservation slot but for some reason, I was "dethroned" from UST. I was losing time and schools for college. I was already sad not getting in and at the same time worried on what course I should take. On that same day, my mom and I commuted from Dapitan straight to Taft. And there on that day, that reservation made me an official student of De La Salle - College of Saint Benilde


First Block Picture! (Circa 2010)
My LF1U Family
MusikaIndie with Coro San Benildo
#Throwback to my first ever PhilMUNs, and the countries I represented. (Circa 2010 and 2011)

Diplomatic Dinner at Intercontinental Hotel, Makati. October 2012.

And finally...

Ever since Day One - the Frosh Orientation Program, Frosh Solidarity Night and to meeting my blockmates was a blast! I felt welcomed, accepted and belonged. For the first two terms in College, I am glad to be part of LF1U Family (my block that rocked! haha!). There, I've made a lot of new friends, shared lots of laughs and (of course) focused on our studies together. I remember us as froshies always going in cluster to the Caf, LRC, (then) Cubes or the "secret caf" in AKIC. We'd tag each other on our schedules every term, checking out whether we have the same classes. We were solid! I too joined different orgs from Coro San Benildo to Corps of Diplomats. It was also in College where I did everything! I met wonderful people, went to parties, got drunk, experienced the Model United Nations, attended Diplomatic Dinners, had sleepless nights finishing papers and processed loads of information in one sitting! (Charge everything to experience...) You get to know yourself better there. It is also a time where you are not confined in one box. CSB gives you the chance to meet people from different blocks, courses and schools. Now you're campus does not just include Mutien Hall, but also the artists' turf at SDA and the hotelier's place at AKIC!

We, the Diplomats-in-training, are housed in Benilde Main. I was happy with my course. I am privileged to learn from the brightest Professors, Ambassadors and Practitioners of Diplomacy. CDA made me a well-rounded person, it broadened my horizon and understanding of the world (theoretically and personally). Now, I know that it's not only about me, but also growing with others and striving to make a difference... (This, I shall dedicate in one post)

Every single day in College was full of excitement! Everything was worth it! It was a time where I lived most of my life. With the gift of hindsight, I can say that things do happen for a reason... This story was a truth to me that, no, God really lead me and wanted me to be in CSB. And it was the best. Sometimes, getting lost isn't a bad thing, it might just direct you to where you are meant to be. You should only trust. Now, it has been exactly a year since I graduated from DLS-CSB and I couldn't be anything but GRATEFUL. Thankful to La Salle for teaching minds, touching hearts and transforming lives. Benilde made me Shine. Remember, we in Benilde do ordinary things, extraordinarily wellThose past three years went by #TooFast.

Love always,
ID 11068876


#AnimoBenilde #AnimoLaSalle


Live Jesus in our hearts. Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment