Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Keziah



What better way to come back from a flu than to Party! After being 'bedridden' and groggy back this month was a pain in the head, I just wanted to bring my butt out of bed and go get moving! A dear friend of ours, who's also become an Ate to me here in Dubai, planned a grand birthday party for her daughter - in secrecy. She was hands-on in creating a fun-filled programme, pulling out props and gowns, inviting guests (but being hush about it) to celebrate her one and only daughter's 14th Birthday. Truly a one woman team. The outcome was a debutant's party four years ahead of it's time! Haha! It was unexpected as the celebrant herself was slipped into her ball gown only after entering the room with a big SURPRISE right then and there complete with her Prince Charming! It was thaaat top secret! It poked fun but also pinched our hearts when Ate Arlene burst into tears instead of Keziah! That night, I witnessed how great a Mother's love is (again).
 
Speaking of love... It was timely that I unintentionally bought myself a dress during the Flea Market (ukay ukay!) at Za'abeel Park. I saw this beautiful lacework on a very feminine cut, soft rosewood-coloured dress being sold at 15 Dirhams (150 Pesos!) The tag was intact which meant it's still unused and what a gorgeous dress it was! I was so happy to add it to my clothing, but skeptical because I didn't want it to be left hung up and buried in my closet. It was too beautiful to be hidden there. Come the secret invitation, I knew this is what I was going to wear. A surprise buy for a surprise birthday! It was love! #LIPSYLOVE

 
 
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment