Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Golden Girl

 
I've been quite on a blogging hiatus this month and seeing a backlog of 1,000+ photos buried in my camera roll makes me feel like procrastinating on a deadline! Here's why. Aside from marking our First Year Anniversary here, we also celebrated our Tita May's 50th Birthday in my favourite Downtown  Dubai. It was such a beautiful day spent with closest family and friends, under cloudless blue skies and the cool winter breeze still lurking by sun down - only to come down with a flu after! For the last few weeks, I didn't feel 100% of myself and my job has never been good to me. I decided, I can't let myself go through this and took off. One day I phoned my Mom and broke into sobs on her. I was looking over SZR skyline and realizing how far away I am to just see and hug her again. I've been missing her, my sister, my friends and my home. And to the least of my expectations is when my Pop called me. Hearing them was an instant recharge to my inner battery. Sometimes you just need Mama or Papa. We're always on a hurry, wanting to jump from the next phase to the other that we unknowingly lose what our soul is missing. (And close to losing yourself. Kidding!)
 
Living away from family and friends has a tendency for you to become emotional (I have a right to be, it's been a year away from them!) You wake up and it's just another day (just. another. day.) but you've got to make a decision for yourself, to hold up and stay golden.  


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment