Thursday, February 26, 2015

Love

Let's keep the Love Month burning with Love, one more time.
 
 
"See, the 17 year old girl in me fell in love with your silent eyes.
I imagine they looked the same when you were convinced of your own brokenness.
I imagine your lashes wrote anthologies every time they kissed your cheeks;
maybe that's why I heard a century of voices in your quiet.
Every unspoken part of you sang symphonies when we touched
and I found myself wanting to be a musician all over again."
- Aman Batra, "When The Timing Isn't Right, Neither Is The Man"
 
"You are a horse running alone
and he tries to tame you
compares you to an impossible
highway
to a burning house
says you are blinding him
that he could never leave you
forget you
want anything but you
you dizzy him, you are unbearable
every woman before or after you
is doused in your name."
- Warsan Shire, "For Women Who Are Difficult To Love"
 
"I kiss temporary lips with permanence
Hoping that I can train them to stay
I love temporary people with permanence
Hoping that I can train them not to leave
And when they do
I claim to have seen it coming
I am incapable of forgetting
A scrapbook memory of skin and heartbeat
Of touch and moments
I know not to look directly into eyes
For they can be blinding
And I still
Do it anyway."
- Danielle Shorr, "I Will Regret This In The Morning"
 
 
A few chosen literary from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment