Tuesday, November 11, 2014

My Friend

 
I'm not just a Christian, I'm a Catholic. No matter what religion you're coming from - be it Islam, Hindu, Orthodox, Sikh, Shinto - I believe there is one powerful God watching our lives. The movie "God's Not Dead", isn't just a Christian movie catering only to a particular sector of the world's religions but is a very insightful, engaging, mind-boggling (if I may say) film that tickles your brain and makes you look deep into your self of who you are, where you're from and where you're going. With the setting in a University where the main character is a Freshman with a great love for God, debating and presenting arguments with his Atheist Philosophy Professor, relived in me my College life and how exciting it is to be in a 'think tank' room exchanging thoughts and insights. The movie was amazing in crafting it in such a way that it's relatable to different kind of people.
 
This wasn't only a movie to me but an experience that strengthened my faith in God. I personally believe that one's religion or belief is an individual choice. Your faith is a personal relationship you have with God. It's been quite some time since I last went to Church before seeing this movie (unexpectedly and unintentionally) with my cousins last night. I would've even chose to sleep on them. But again... I really do believe that things happen for a reason. And the reason I've acknowledged from this is that God made me want to remember that He is my Lord and Saviour. Jesus is my Friend.
 
 
And before putting myself to sleep, I opened my tiny Bible app in my iPod feeling so inspired. I want to share the open verse that popped up highlighted in green...
 
"For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male
nor female - for all of you are one in Christ" Galatians 3:27-28
 

No comments:

Post a Comment