Tuesday, November 25, 2014

F1 Weekend

 

How can I not be overly excited and grateful to spend such an amazing 3-day weekend with Formula One race cars, work with an international crew, serve the likes of Kylie Minogue and share the same room with Etihad CEO - James Hogan or Prince Harry perhaps?

Getting into the-very-last-minute for my very first part-time job gave me a lot of firsts and brought me a whole new lifetime of experience! Like I've always said, I have the FOMO. Therefore, you might see me running, chasing to get into events and trying to make things happen... With a wonderful stroke of luck, I got in an international events group catering for big events, organizing races (F1 racing, for that matter!) around the world - that is Do&Co. With the season ending in Abu Dhabi, I'd do anything to be in that event! I don't mind having only 4 hours of sleep, shuttling back and forth Dubai and doing hospitality work for very. important. persons. Waiting tables (for the first time!) even just part-time wasn't easy! It was nerve-wracking the first day - thinking if I might trip, break a glass or get the wrong order. I'd say it's a skill and even a form of art. I've learned how to serve champagne with the correct arte and realized the magic that's happening behind the kitchen!

The crew from Do&Co, who specially flew in from Austria, were absolutely meticulous and quality consistent professionals - they were perfect in what they're doing. More so, they were kind-hearted, genuine and needless to say, beautiful people. We too worked side by side with the world's best Cabin Crew, and what made me feel proud is that they're Cabin Managers were Filipina! I am so glad to have worked with a multicultural crew who know the value of teamwork, who has a sense of leadership and one who upholds standards. They're energy is contagious and I hope to keep those values in me for the rest of my life. Plus, the new friendships I've made along :)

I've been designated in the Etihad Airways lounge which I had no idea would cater to the VVIP guests and was the among the important box in the Paddock. The view from our window was right next to the Pit Lane and the Finish Line of the Yas Marina Circuit. Hearing the zooming loud sounds of the F1s pumps my adrenaline too! It took me some time to soak everything in! The job was definitely exhausting but more rewarding. And though I've lost my favourite sneakers during the finals, I have gained way more! I cannot contain myself for this wonderful experience. It's as close to me as a deja vu which is why I came up with this blog post though having only limited photos (since taking pictures or filming the event is strictly prohibited). Guys, the final word I'd want to leave with you is get. out. there. It is these moments that make us feel more alive. Mabruk to Lewis Hamilton whom I've heard from one of my guests was a very down to earth and prayerful man. No wonder he won the race and the heart of Nicole Scherzinger.

It must be the Ferrari.  

No comments:

Post a Comment