Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Cape Town: The Second Time Around


Make that the Third. I have been flying down to Cape Town more often than I expected I would be. And for the record, got pulled out twice from standby which made me scream and squeak due to flat out excitement! It's always a drum-roll-sort-of moment for crews waiting for the rostering team to pull you out for either a very bad sector or a really good destination. I'm flattered to technically be in Cape Town the whole year round, experiencing the Southern Hemisphere winter season and smashing summer day! It is no secret that the Mother City is very close to my heart from the very beginning, right here. It was love at first sight.

It's a blessing that for the second time around I got to make completely new memories with her, see what I missed and experience what more she has to offer. I'm glad to have tagged along with the rest of the crew and who else could be a better tour guide than someone who used to fly with us and a home grown Cape Townian - Andrew, whom you can follow on instagram and add on facebook for a well-tailored and super friendly tour. Seeing happy feet in Boulders Beach was at the top of our itinerary. You feel gigil by these cute little creatures, with the most delightful backdrop on a beautiful day. And being a waterbaby, I plunged into the most inviting waters to get soaked! Let Cape Point take your breath away and get a panorama of waters, cliffs and mountains as far as your eyes can see. I swear, no other word is gonna come out of your mouth from the cable car ride up until coming back down but... WOW. And if you're keen enough to spot where the Two Oceans meet (Indian and Atlantic ocean), aside from tasting a wonderful Sauvignon Blanc! We drove further to reach the most South Western point of the African continent that is the Cape of Good HopeI'm just a speck in a million of other specks and to find myself being there was just unbelievable! Unbelievable. It was a truly majestic moment. Full of hope. More to our journey was being half awake passing through the wonderful valley of Noord Hoek below Chapman's Peak where you can have a dreamy horse ride by the shore, driving thru the coast and sight the Lion's Head and Signal Hill while Pompeii by Bastille is playing in the background. Our itinerary ended up at Table Mountain blanketed with a cold fog plus getting a view of Robben Island which holds what used to be Nelson Mandela's cellAnd then, capping off the night at the Waterfront

This post is more of a photodump than a photo diary and I hope the pictures would speak for themselves. The editing process brought me back to the moment which made me so thankful and happy to finally share this with you all. And if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like you've been here before?

Penguins at Boulders Beach




Cape Point





Cape of Good Hope




Meet the Crew and Andrew!


No comments:

Post a Comment