Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Roma

 
 


This is where my Italian Odyssey has all began. I fell in love with Italia ever since Under the Tuscan Sun, Letters to Juliet and when Lizzie McGuire went to Rome. How can you not?! With it's laidback charm, great food and wine - it is love at first bite. As a premise though, this is a little bit tricky for me as I am writing this travel post which happened about... errr... 5 months ago! Since I'm on home standby, I thought, I could squeeze in some writing. To be honest, I have a backlog of stories to share with and have lost ‘some’ photos along the way. BUT! There's nothing to worry about because I kept safe all the good memories locked away in my heart and memory bank (and hard drive). 

As Fiumicino made it’s first appearance in my roster, the Colosseo canNOT be missed! And with that, landed No. 2 on my list of the 7 Wonders of the World! It was on and off sunny and gloomy when we arrived but that didn’t stop me and, my beautiful Egyptian colleague-turned-friend, Amira from exploring this historical city. Seeing the ruins made me appreciate time and all the history it withholds. We found a quaint Italian restaurant called the Pasqualino Al Coloseo, tucked within the alleys from the Colosseum. The streets were filled with gelato and vespas. Well, we missed the Fontana de Trevi as we got stuck with shopping and hoarding Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar. Toink! I’m also hoping one day to make a trip to the Vatican City. For now, I ended my travel here visiting the Basilica Sta. Maria in Aracoeli. Short and sweet. Thank you Eataly! Ciao Bella!


No comments:

Post a Comment